Application and Renewal of Passports
Kenyan citizens wishing to apply for a passport,travel document or emergency certificate can do so at the nearest Kenyan Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. From 1 January 2007, new passports are issued with a validity of 10 years, the renewal fee being included in the initial payment. Kenyans in the Diaspora who travel frequently are advised to apply for 48-page or 64-page passports (although these series are out of stock till further notice).
In the framework of the fight against child trafficking, the International Civil Aviation Authority Organization (ICAO)recommends that all travelers carry their own passport. As a result, the Kenyan authorities no longer endorse minor children in their parents' passports, but require that children be issued with their own passport. All parents currently holding valid passports with endorsements are strongly advised to obtain separate passports for their children.
- Documentary evidence of Kenya Citizenship i.e. Naturalisation, Registration, and Birth Certificates & ID/Card original and copies.
- Photographs of the applicant taken full face, without head-scuff or wigs. The photographs must have been taken within the last six months of the date of passport application.Photographs may be black and white or coloured and must not be mounted. The size of the photographs must 2 by 1½ inches, machine photos are not acceptable. Photograph Guidelines
- In case of married woman-documentary evidence of marriage e.g. Sworn Affidavit, marriage certificate.
- In case of children /people under the age of 21 years of age, written Consent from Father or legal guardian unless one is a member of the Armed forces.
- The Application must be recommended in section '6' by a citizen of Kenya such as Minister of religion, a Minister or Legal Practitioner, an established Civil Servant or Bank Official personally acquainted with the applicant, but not by immediate relatives.
- Applicant must be Bona Fide Kenya citizen.
One may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry of the current one.
Similarly anyone who wishes to amend or change name either through marriage, divorce or deed poll should also apply for a new passport at the mission.
The following must be submitted when making an application:
- Copy of current passport (bio-data page + description page, and any other relevant pages, e.g. previous passports held or amendment).
- Duly completed and signed application form PP1 or PP2(for child under 16).
- 2 passport-size photos (for photograph guidelines, see Photogragh Guidelines Section)
- Passport application fee
The following charges apply.
|New Passport (Valid for 10 Years)||Fee chargeable (CHF)|
|32 Page Passport||90.00|
|64 Page Passport||150.00|
|Replacement of lost Passport||250.00|
|Endorsement of existing Passport||30.00|
Please note that the Mission does not accept cash payment for services rendered.
DO NOT put money in an envelope. The Mission will not be responsible for any money lost in envelopes.
UBS A/C IBAN CH74 0027 9279 C810 6822 0Permanent Mission of the Republic of Kenyato the United Nations Office in Geneva1-3, Avenue de la Paix (1st Floor)CH-1202 Geneva Tel.: +41 (0)22 906 40 50/73Fax: +41 (0)22 731 29 05Telex: 412 656 kmgv ch