Single Entry Visa
Valid for 90 days from the date of issue (not the date you enter Kenya), but may be renewed for a further 90 days while in Kenya. Visitors must enter Kenya before the expiry date of the visa. The Visa can also be applied through http://evisa.go.ke/
Tourist visa: for visits to Kenya which are not specifically for business purposes.
Business visa: for visits to Kenya for business purposes.
Investigating Settlement visa: for a stay in Kenya which requires a work/ residence permit, even if it is for less than 90 days. Visitors who need to apply for this visa include students going for an internship; volunteers going to work for an NGO, school, orphanage, etc.; or Swiss diplomatic staff/EU personnel being posted to the Swiss Embassy/EU delegation in Nairobi. This visa is gratis for holders of a diplomatic passport who are sent for posting.
The following documents are required for a single entry visa:
- Valid passport with three number of unused pages for endorsements abroad.
- Passport must be signed and valid for at least six months.
- VISA application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- One recent passport size photo attached to the application form.
- Valid round trip ticket or a letter from a travel agent certifying that the applicant holds prepaid arrangements.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for express mail, courier,registered mail. (this is a must for visa applications sent via the post)
- Home and work telephone numbers.
Valid for 72 hours. Visitors must enter Kenya before the expiry date of the visa. Required for visitors who leave the airport or seaport for the specific purpose of travelling to a third country (i.e. to await a connecting flight, to await boarding a cruise ship, or to travel overland to a neighbouring country).
The requirements are the same as for single entry.
Multiple Entry Visa
Intended for regular visitors, particularly business people, who enter Kenya several times a year. Valid for 6 months or one year. The visa is issued by the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi, and can be applied for directly at the Ministry of Immigration in Nairobi. It can also be applied for through the Mission in Geneva, in which case processing takes 1-2 months.
Please note: visitors who travel to Tanzania,Uganda, Rwanda and/or Burundi from Kenya, and wish to enter Kenya a second time(without leaving the territory of the five countries), must apply for a SINGLE entry visa (tourist/business).
The following documents are required for a multiple entry (This documents should be in doubles):
- Two Passport copies (valid at least six months after the final return) + copy of the page containing the biographical data, and of the page(s) containing previous multiple entry visa(s), if any.
- Two copies of resident permit if the applicant is not a Swiss National.
- Two Visa application form, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Letter from the company/employer, stating the reason why several visits to Kenya are required, and indicating whether the visa is to be valid for 6 months or for one year.
- A non-refundable referral fee of CHF 20, payable on application. (Not applicable forholders of a diplomatic passport travelling on official business.)
After the visa is approved by the Department of Immigration, the applicant presents him/herself at the Mission with the following:
- CHF 140 visa fee. (Gratis for holders of a diplomatic passport travelling on official business.)
Visa applications from nationals of the following countries are referred to the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi for approval:
Stateless persons (holders of refugee travel documents) are also referred to the Director of Immigration Services. Referred visa applications are by appointment only, as the applicant has to be interviewed by the Mission Visa Approving Committee, which will formulate a recommendation for the Director of Immigration Services. The interview shall be conducted in English or Swahili.
The following documents are required for a referred visa:
- Two copies of Passport/travel document (valid at least six months after the final return) + copy of the page containing the biographical data, and of the page(s)containing previous referred visa(s), if any.
- Two Visa application forms, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Proof of immigration status in Swiss, e.g. copy of identity card.
- Invitation letter from the host to be visited in Kenya;or recommendation letter from the employer or the school (in the case of students);or letter from the applicant stating the reasons for visiting.
- A non-refundable referral fee of CHF 20 (payable on application).
Applications for referred visas require more time to process.
Apply at least six to eight weeks prior to the date of travel.
In case the visa is approved (which is not guaranteed), the applicant presents him/herself at the Embassy with the following:
- Passport/travel document.
- CHF70 visa fee.
- Travel itinerary from the travel agency/copy of the ticket.
Please note the following:
Nationals of the countries listed above, and holders of a refugee travel document, may be issued with a visa upon application at the Embassy (“category 2(b)”) if they are attending an official meeting in Kenya of an international organization of which Kenya is a member state. (See the “list of required documents” for information about the visa application procedure.) Nationals of Cameroon, Mali & Senegal who are holders of official, service or diplomatic passports AND are travelling on official business, receive a gratis visa upon application (“category 3(b)”). (See the“list of required documents” for information about the visa applicationprocedure.)
Type of VISA
Single Entry (Tourist, Business)
Please note that the Mission does not accept cash payment for services rendered.
DO NOT put money in an envelope. The Mission will not be responsible for any money lost in envelopes.
Payments payable to:
UBS AG, CH-8098 ZUERICH
In favor of: CH74 0027 9279 C810 6822 0
Permanent Mission of Kenya to the United Nations
Avenue de la Paix 1-3
CH – 1202 Geneva
· Compte: 80-2-2