The Kenya Mission to the United Nations in Geneva and other International Organizations in Switzerland was established in 1985 to represent Kenya’s national interests in the entire multilateral system in Switzerland. There are over 27 specialized agencies in Geneva alone that deal with important issues such as Disarmament, Human Rights, Refugees, Migration, Labour, Humanitarian, Economic and Trade, Intellectual Property Rights, Health and Telecommunications.
The Mission coordinates Kenya’s overall representation in all meetings, governing bodies and conferences that are held under the auspices of the UN and the International organizations in Switzerland. In line with Kenya’s foreign policy the Mission seeks to promote and protect the interests of Kenya in the multilateral setting in Geneva/Switzerland. To this end in partnership with Member States of the United Nations and other International Organisations the Permanent Mission works towards the achievement of a just and equitable economic and social order. Its aim is to enhance the socio-economic development of Kenya and the quality of life for the Kenyan people.
- Promotion and protection of Kenya's interests,
- Promotion of International Cooperation,
- Promotion of peace in supporting peace initiatives,
- Projecting Kenya's Image in all international fora,
- Promoting trade, economic relations and tourism,
- Positive engagement with Kenyans in the Diaspora,
- Promotion of Global Environmental Protection.