The Kenya Mission to the United Nations Office in Geneva participates in events and meetings organized by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), based in Geneva.
The Human Rights Council is an intergovernmental body of 47 UN members elected by the General Assembly. It holds meetings 3 times a year in March, June and September, during which it examines the work of the other UN Human Rights organs such as Special Procedures, Independent Experts, UPR, Expert Mechanisms, Working Groups and Forums.
Conventions and Protocols that fall under Human Rights are:
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)
- International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR)
- Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against women (CEDAW)
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD
- Convention on Rights of the Child (CRC)
- Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CAT)
- International Convention for the Protection of all Persons from Enforced Disappearance (CED)
- International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families(CMW)
- Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (SPT)
- Geneva Conventions of 1949 and 1977 and their additional Protocols
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD),
For further information, please visit the website of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OCHCR).
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) has i...
The Ministry of Health has amended the vaccinat...
Information to all Kenyans. The Kenya Revenue A...
2021 Jamhuri Day Message by Amb (Dr.) Cleopa Mailu, EGH, Permanent Representative of Kenya to the UN, Geneva2021 JAMHURI DAY MESSAGE BY THE PERMANENT REPRE...
Mashujaa Day Message 2021...
Diaspora Mobilization for the 7th Annual Tax Su...