The Ministry of Health has amended the vaccination requirements for entry into Kenya, effective immediately, as follows:
- All travelers arriving in Kenya through any point of entry must have a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination.
- The following categories of travelers may be exempted from providing a vaccination certificate upon arrival into the country:
- Children below eighteen (18) years are exempted from the vaccination requirement
- Travelers with medical conditions precluding vaccination- risk of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome, history of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, persons with a history of myocarditis or pericarditis, and other such condition for which vaccination is contraindicated. Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner detailing the medical reason precluding vaccination.
- Travelers who have recovered from an active COVID-19 infection or received Convalescent plasma in the preceding 90 days.Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner showing that the person may have recovered from an active infection in the preceding 90 days.
- Returning unvaccinated Kenyans who have difficulties accessing vaccines in their current country of residence. Such persons must be prepared to be vaccinated immediately upon entry and must register for vaccination on Chanjo-Ke platform through the link https://portal.health.go.ke/ before departure. Proof of registration shall be required before entry into the country.
- All incoming travelers will be required to upload both negative COVID-19 PCR test results conducted within 72 hours of travel and the COVID-19 vaccination certificates onto the Global Haven program of the Trusted Travel platform. The site can be accessed through www.globalhaven.org and following the prompts.
Please find this and more information in the document from the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) with updated travel requirements and the list of countries exempt from quarantine upon arrival by clicking on KCAA UPDATED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO KENYA 16.01.2022.pdf