Consular services will be transferred from Geneva to Kenya Embassy in Bern effective 1st July 2021.
The consular office is open daily during work days except for public holidays both in Kenya and Switzerland. Service seekers are advised to call/email in advance in order to explain the kind of service required so that they are advised on appropriate requirements for the particular service that they seek.
Opening hours 9.00am – 13.00pm
All correspondence or, and payments for consular services should be made to:
UBS A/C IBAN CH74 0027 9279 C810 6822 0
Permanent Mission of the Republic of Kenya
to the United Nations Office in Geneva
1-3, Avenue de la Paix (1st floor)
Tel.: +41 (0)22 906 40 50/73
Fax: +41 (0)22 731 29 05
Applicants for services should pay into the Mission Account requisite fees (indicating their name and the type of document/service required). The payment may also be made through e-banking or at the post office. Proof of payment and a cover letter/explanatory note with full contact details should be included in the application.
The mission does not accept cash payment for services offered.
Do not put money in an envelope. The mission will not take responsibility for any money lost in envelopes. All cash payments enclosed in the application will be sent back to the applicant at their own expense.
The following services are offered:
- Issuance of Kenya Passports.
- Issuance of Visas.
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Documents.
- Advise and assistance to Kenyans in situations of distress.
- Registration of Kenyans in Switzerland.
- Facilitate issuance of birth certificates for children born abroad and duplicates of birth certificates.
- Facilitate issuance of Duplicate Marriage Certificate.
- Facilitate issuance of certificate of “no impediment to marriage”.
- Facilitate declaration by dual citizens and regaining of Kenya citizenship.
- Facilitate issuance of Police Clearance Certificate/ Certificates of good conduct.
- Authentication of documents issued by the lawful authorities of the Kenya Government.
- Legalization and Certification of Documents.
- Issuance of Pet Import Licenses for canines and felines.
- Issuance of Affidavits. The Mission does not issue Affidavits in place of Marriage Certificates which must be obtained from the Attorney General’s office in Nairobi.
- Issuance of duplicate death certificate.
- Documentation for the transportation of remains of Kenyans deceased abroad.
- Assist Kenyans who wish to buy property or invest back at home.
- Advise on appropriate action necessary during an Emergency or Security situation
- Availing information about new developments in the management of Public Affairs back in Kenya.
All documents submitted for application which are in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) has i...
The Ministry of Health has amended the vaccinat...
Information to all Kenyans. The Kenya Revenue A...
2021 Jamhuri Day Message by Amb (Dr.) Cleopa Mailu, EGH, Permanent Representative of Kenya to the UN, Geneva2021 JAMHURI DAY MESSAGE BY THE PERMANENT REPRE...
Mashujaa Day Message 2021...
Diaspora Mobilization for the 7th Annual Tax Su...